Wednesday 22 February 2012

Extra! Extra! Royals Have a New Dog!

Photo: 123rf.com
I'm a fan of the royal family. American's love the royals too but they are less inclined to splash news about them across their broadsheets - in the fashion or gossip magazines, yes - but not their papers, unless its something important like William heading off to Argentina.

Unlike the British press who will publish anything...and I'm referring to the tabloids. So I was tad surprised to find that The Times (London edition) composed a two page article on finally finding out the name of the Duke and Duchess' (of Cambridge) dog. I skimmed the article to read that apparently people have been eager to know the name of their puppy ever since he arrived on their doorstep and The Times are proud to be the first ones to Twitter this historical event.

I suppose with worrying headlines concerning Syria and economic downfalls, an article on the new royal dog is a little light relief and I shouldn't be critical. What with being away from a daily down-low on the royals, I've forgotten how the press makes us obsessed with every detail of their lives. And with that in mind, I'm waiting for the next article..."Too posh to pick up poop? An in-depth review of whether a Duchess should carry out this task."

Oh by the way, the name of the dog? Lupo...

No comments:

Post a Comment